Interview with Delaware Jiu Jitsu
Scroll Down For More Info!
- Email: Jay@delawarejiujitsu.com
- Phone: 610-494-3527
- 1290 Baltimore Pike,
Chadds Ford, PA 19317
- Classes are held in a large private matted space, fitted with professional 1 5/8″soft ZEBRA grappling mats for comfort and safety.
- The facility is air conditioned, and there are separate men’s and woman’s lavatories/changing areas.
- The mats are cleaned daily with a product that effectively removes germs, MRSA, etc.
- Instructional classes usually begin with a warm up, then progress to instruction, followed by free time to practice.
- Classes accommodate all skill levels from new students to advanced practitioners.
- Students are able to train GI and NO-GI, along with techniques for specific self defense and sport applications.
- Gis are available for purchase for around $45.
- Delaware Jiujitsu does not require any contracts.
Head Instructor: Jay Goldberg
Why Join Delaware Jiujitsu…?
Our instruction. We teach true Gracie Jiujitsu…and nothing else. Techniques taught at Delaware Jiujitsu, come from Regis Lebre and Royler Gracie. They rely on leverage and skill, and are effective in self defense, even for smaller individuals. Instruction is from J.S. Goldberg, an American Gracie Humaita Blackbelt.
Our students. One can only progress with both quality instruction, and the availability of great training partners. Our students work to help each other. They look for technique over strength. This provides for a great learning environment with less chance for injuries.
Our gym. A comfortable, private setting, state of the art 1 5/8″ soft ZEBRA grappling mats for comfort, private changing areas, and daily use of a commercial grade mat cleaner.
Our fees. Less than most schools, and you can participate up to 4x a week at no additional cost.
Our Lineage: In an art where a subtle detail can determine the effectiveness of a technique, lineage matters. They say that water is purest closest to the source, and that is most certainly true for Gracie Jiujitsu. Our lineage at Delaware Jiujitsu: Helio Gracie—–>Royler Gracie—->Regis Lebre—–>J. S. Goldberg
The goal of Delaware Jiu-Jitsu is to provide skills in self defense, improve conditioning and self-confidence, and instill the abiliity to relax and maintain control in the face of obstacles both on and off the mat. Students of Jiu-Jitsu will develop courage, integrity, humility and self control. Skills that are taught at Delaware Jiu-Jitsu will be effective in both self-defense and for sport and tournament Jiu-Jitsu.
For those that wish to compete, the critical details taught at Delaware Jiujitsu, which flow from both Regis Lebre and Royler Gracie, are invaluable. Delaware Jiujitsu’s competition team has captured many recent titles including: Abu Dhabi Jiu-Jitsu Pro Trials Champion, NAGA super heavyweight Champion, Pan American No-Gi Champion, New York International Jiujitsu Champion, PanAmerican Jiu-Jitsu Silver and Bronze medals, Diamond State Games Champion, and Mid Atlantic Grappling Champion, to name a few.